Feedback & Testimonials
'Dear Miss Sellars
We wanted to pass on a HUGE thank you for supporting us in our Christmas Choir Concert. Your school choir were an absolute joy to listen to and the audience adored them.
All of your children were impeccably behaved throughout the concert. We would also like to pass on a huge thank you to the parents who came to show their support.
'Dear Miss Sellars
We just wanted to say 'Thank-you' for making Penygarn a happy place to be since you've landed here. It's been lovely to see the positive impact you have been able to make and many smiling faces!
'To all the kindest, hardworking and supportive people I know. Thank-you for the incredible 4 1/2 years. It has gone so quickly and I have loved every minute of working with ALL of you!
'To All at Penygarn
Thank-you for being so kind, welcoming and helpful. I've had a brilliant time.
'To All the Staff at Penygarn
Just to say thanks for the last year and a half that I have worked here. You have all been very supportive and helped me to create good memories.
'Dear Miss Sellars
I just like to say a huge thank-you for all you have done for our school ... So much has changed in such a short space of time - all for the better and all down to your positive and encouraging ways ...
"Your school website is of the highest quality and very informative."
(Prospective Job Applicant)
Today, with my business Immersive Theatres, I delivered a 5m digital planetarium experience to 45 Year 5 pupils at Penygarn Community Primary School. I was warmly welcomed by the staff and found the hall prepared just as I had requested. I was invited to enjoy the comforts of the staff room while I waited for breakfast club to end. The morning was well organised with all groups arriving on time. The excited students enjoyed a rich selection of content: peering up at the planetarium night sky, visiting the International Space Station, handling a meteorite and travelling through a future colonised Solar System. Thank you Penygarn Community Primary for a very pleasant visit.
(Mario Di Maggio - Immersive Theatre)
Well done everyone - you are a credit to our school and we are all super proud of you! 'I would just like thank you and Penygarn Primary School for your participation in our Festive Afternoon tea party yesterday afternoon. Of all the guests I managed to speak to they were all very positive with their comments regarding the choir and praised them for their superb performance. Those pupils that I had the chance to speak to were extremely polite and well-mannered – a real asset to the school. I had the pleasure of watching the performance and you could really see all the hard work that had gone into planning for the event which they should all be really proud of themselves. I particularly liked the use of inflatable saxophones for the final song which really ended their performance brilliantly! I was also glad that we were lucky enough to have a visit from Father Christmas yesterday and he was able to take the time to chat with all the children and from what I gather they had all been good boys and girls and went away with a gift. I do hope that they enjoyed themselves and I would really hope that they would like to join us again next year when we finalise our festive calendar for 2018 as they would be a credit to our calendar!'
(Sarah Briggs, Function and Conference Coordinator, Glen-Yr-Afon House Hotel)
Parents' Evening 2018
Just a few of the wonderful feedback comments we received:
- Had a lovely discussion with her teacher (Year 5).
- Lovely to see his books and the Eisteddfod display. Really liked the questionnaire and giving feedback on the choice of principle/visions (Year 2).
- Mr C is brilliant, he tries his best with him. He now has a few more targets to reach, but with Mr C’s encouragement I’m sure he will be fine (Year 1).
- Brilliant parents’ evening. Mrs Evans was brilliant with any concerns I had (Year 4).
- I am really happy with the way she is being taught and how she has progressed this year (Year 6).
- He is doing well in school. I think Mrs Lang is a great teacher (Reception).
- She is doing very well in Mrs Evans’ class. Very proud of how far she’s come. (Year 4).
- Good reviews, very proud of her progress (Year 6).
- Good timekeeping, arranged well with the books on the table for you to look at while you wait (Year 2).
- She appears to have increased ability in all aspects of learning. She thoroughly enjoys school and always has stories to tell when she arrives home about her day (Year 1).
- Teacher gave good feedback on her progression and also how we can help and assist from home (Reception).
- Thank you Miss Thomas for understanding him and putting my worries at ease (Year 4).
- Very proud of my son’s parents’ evening. Very good report, his teachers seem very friendly and supportive. Thanks Miss Evans (Year 6).
- Brilliant feedback. Amazed to how well he is doing in school. Well done (Year 4).
- Absolutely thrilled with her progress this year. Miss Robinson is an absolutely brilliant teacher and she loves being in her class (Year 2).
- Very pleased with her progress and the teacher explained things very well. So proud of my girl. Thank you (Year 4).
- Pleased as always. Mr Webb was very welcoming (Year 5).
- Lovely comments, helpful staff and children (Year 2)
- Helpful advice given by both teachers as to how we can support both children’s learning at home (anon).
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you all for the performance at the Torfaen Dance Festival yesterday - we’ve heard from Charlotte, and from staff at other schools who were at the Congress last night, that the Penygarn dancers were sensational! A special mention goes to Dylan too for his individual achievement. I’m sure you’re all incredibly proud of them!
(Bryony, Upbeat Music and Arts Service Ltd)