- Choose a Page
- Absence Report - Report your child absent
- Dinner Menu
- Education Family Support Worker
- Family Learning/Parent Engagement
- Friends of Penygarn
- Home Learning
- Letters to Parents
- Online Payments
- Parent Council
- Play Therapist
- School Uniform
- Term Dates
- Welcome Pack
- Welsh Information for Parents
Friends of Penygarn
Welcome to the 'Friends of Penygarn'
What is a PTA?
A PTA is an excellent way to bring together parents, teachers and others to raise money and to support the school.
It provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. All parents and teachers can get involved even if they only have a small amount of time available. The school benefits from the additional funds the PTA raises and it is an excellent opportunity for parents to be more involved in school life.
What does our PTA do?
PTA activity varies from school to school. At Penygarn Community Primary School, the PTA:
- raises funds to help the school provide "extras" for the pupils;
- runs social events for parents and children;
- provides support for school trips, outings and other special events and
We always welcome new members to come along and join us. We meet in the meeting room at 9.15 am on a Monday morning.
We make lots of things that the children can enjoy at our events and would never say no to extra hands to help.
We appreciate that not everyone can commit to this but if you can lend a hand at anytime, please see one of the ladies on the Committee.
The 'Friends of Penygarn' Committee for 2019/2020 are: