Penygarn Community Primary is an inclusive school where we focus on the well-being and progress of every child and where all members of our community are of equal worth.
We believe that the Equality Act 2010 provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing
diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships
between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and
underachievement of different groups.
The Act requires all public organisations, including schools to comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty This requires all public organisations, including schools to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- advance equality of opportunity between different groups
- Foster good relations between different groups
All public organisations, including schools must :
- Publish information to show compliance with the Equality Duty
- Publish Equality objectives at least every 4 years which are specific and
The policy describes how the school is meeting these statutory duties and is in line with
national guidance. It includes information about how the school is complying with the Public
Sector Equality Duty and also provides guidance to staff and outside visitors about our
approach to promoting equality.
Strategic Equality Plan
Please note that signed copies of these are available from Mrs Samuel in the school office.